Specific topics in Aesthetic Medicine are covered in a total of eight modules via QMPlus teaching platform. This online learning environment provides the core modules. They comprise;
• Weekly written material about the subject complemented by clinical pictures
• Supplementary reading and a selection of relevant journal articles
• Quizzes- weekly summative assessment comprising a mixture of MCQs Student
• Café- this area of the site allows pictures and questions or messages to be posted for discussion within the group. The current students find this a useful way of interacting with other students
Each module will have one 1500 word essay to be completed and a weekly MCQ assessment to be submitted online.
An OSCE (Objective structured Clinical Examination) will be held at the end of each academic year.
• Cutaneous physiology, healing, scarring and ageing
• Hair biology and hair treatment
• Non-invasive techniques
• Laser and comouflage techniques
• Medicolegal practice and patient psychology
• Advanced techniques and combined treatments
• Regenerative and cell based applications
• Dissertation in Aesthetic Medicine (MSc Only)
The programme consists of a mixture of structured distance learning modules and online multimedia resources, in addition to its very popular live clinical teaching workshops. The programme covers non-invasive aesthetic medicine with an emphasis on safe and evidence based practice.
• Cutaneous Physiology, Wound Healing, Scarring and Ageing.
• Hair Biology, Medicolegal Practice, Psychology and Patient Selection.
• Skin Care Programmes, Fillers, Botulinum and Chemical Peels.
• Module 4: Laser and Camouflage Techniques.